Pazey’s Store Locator
Here’s a nifty plugin that I started working on last week. It’s my version of a Store Locator plugin that incorporates Google Maps. I didn’t know what to call it so I just used my son’s favorite imaginary character’s name ‘Pazzey’. I might add some more features in the future but here’s the stuff it can do:
- Adds a custom post type called Stores for input of store locations
- Automatically retrieves Google Maps coordinates of location
- Lets you add a store locator in any page/post using a shortcode
- Search by entering city and state/province, zip/postal code or part of an address
- Shows results on right ordered by distance
Of course, here’s a demo showing a couple of record stores within the greater Vancouver area (perfect for Record Store Day store hopping!).
For the demo, type in any British Columbia city – i.e. Richmond, BC or Burnaby,BC, press Search and let it show you all the stores within the radius you choose.
Live Store Locator Demo
Download and unzip the file below
Upload the pazzey_store_locator folder in your WordPress plugins folder
Log in to WordPress and go to Plugins
Click on the Activate link for Pazzey’s Store locator and you’re good to go!
Use the new post type ‘Stores’ to enter the information about your store locations. Don’t worry about the Google Maps Coordinates section since it will automatically populate once you save.
To embed the Store Locator, just type in storelocator enclosed in [ ] in your post or page.
You can download the plugin at WordPress.org